Well a couple weeks ago I was playing the pity me game, because I hardly ever get to see my husband, and school gets overwhelming because when Cru is awake NO studying gets done! And when do i have any time for just me?? Needless today I made the realization that something was missing! After some somewhat hard to take realizations I decided I needed to make a change! That I was relying on things to make me happy that could never make me happy, continually! If you are reading this you probably know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints. I know that with that comes many assumptions and misunderstandings. I am not perfect. I am far from it. It is not my place to tell someone how they need to live their lives I just know what I need and what is best for my little family!
My goal in this life is to strive to be like my Savior and Redeemer. I know that more often then not I fall incredibly short! When I get focused on other things, and not bad things, but other things such as school or housekeeping or how to be the best mom I can be, I forget that the most important thing is getting put on the back burner. My drive to become closer to my Savior. And when I start feeling like I did a few weeks ago it is usually because I haven't been praying, or studying scriptures or listening to modern day prophets teachings or even take care of my physical self!
So last week I decided I was really going to focus on that! I read scriptures or listened to a talk before I sat down to study for school. I listened to uplifting music while cleaning, and decided that at least 3 times a week I was going to take time for just me and exercise this amazing body I have been blessed with!
I want to tell you the amazing difference it has made! I was more patient with Cru and Josh! I was able to get all my school work done without stressing too much about it, and I was and am HAPPIER! Not just the instant gratification happiness, I feel peacefully happy!
I know that I have many flaws and have a long way to go but it is nice to know I am headed in the right direction.
I live an extremely blessed life! I have an amazing husband who is so dedicated and who provides for our family better than I could have ever hoped for! I have a very happy, busy, full of life son who brings me a joy that I didn't used to know existed! So I know I live a happy life! But if the Savior isn't involved, something is still missing!
The church is true. Coming closer to my Savior is the direction I want to continue on. I know it is my way to continual happiness!
This is what works for me!! I hope if your reading this you know or can find what works for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment